RE: [ihc] White in or out

Expedient solution... understood. I was thinking you might have found a
miracle paint, so had to ask. I had been thinking about jacking up the
Scout, one corner at a time, and lowering each mounted tire into a tire tank
filled with a diluted "tire black" solution, then doing a slow rotation by
hand. The thought of that process made your rattle can approach very
appealing! I still might try some paint, but likely I'll just run them old
and ugly until I have the $$ for new ones...

> I thought it looked fine.  I don't think it ever looked really bad.  Might
> not want to do it on brand new tires (keep in mind, mine *was* on
> brand new
> tires, and I was fine with it) or on a really nice truck, but I
> didn't think
> it looked bad.  But on the other hand, I'm not one that has really ever
> cared how it looks to everyone else, as long as it looked fine to
> *me* I was
> happy.

Sounds like a healthy attitude to me.

> My brand was some random stuff I got at the discount auto parts... forget
> what the name of it was.  Was just flat black.  I think I taped
> off the rim
> to prevent overspray and then went at it (if you just paint the
> letters it'd
> probobly be obvious).
>
> I may have had to touch it up as the blue stuff got ready to come off, but
> I'm not sure... it really has been a while.  I know I havn't touched it in
> 3-4 years, but that's about it.   Memory in my old age and all ;)
>
> -Ryan

Old age...  I got a birthday card from my daughter recently. On the front
there's an older couple seated for a portrait, sort of like an old Norman
Rockwell illustration. They each have a word balloon drawn above them. She
says, "Wearing that hot new hearing aid?" He replies, "Yeah... It set me
back $4,000!" On the inside of the card, same picture, she asks, "Wow...
what kind is it?" His response, "12:30". I think you are about the same age
as my daughter, Ryan, so... I aint buyin' it! ~John A.
---