[ihc] Emblematically David

>Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:59:46 -0700 (PDT)
>From: David Raistrick <keen@domain.elided>
>Subject: RE: [ihc] Wheels of the Diamond kind

>Oh, and get the IHC emblem back on the nose.  Is there some sort of gasket
>that should go under this to keep it from rubbing the paint?  Anyone have
>a source?

No gasket in the original installation. You could gasket it from sheet, but
possibly trap water for longer than is good. The lack of a molded bead
around the outside edge might be a cosmetic issue as well. Someone(our own
Ted B?)has a trim mounting suggestion in the BB FAQ section. It's a little
extreme for me on these big ol' jobs. I just prime with epoxy primer, use a
hard paint, and hop for the best. So far on my B-102, the emblem hasn't
rubbed enough paint off to be an issue.

Sometimes if the back side of the emblem has a large enough 'land', you can
'float' the emblem off the surface with bits of gasket material at each
mounting pin.

Jim