[ihc] My 258 stalled out - why?

First, my rig: I've got a RHD Scout II with a 258, I'm actively using for mail delivery.

One day last week while delivering the truck stalled out. I shifted into neutral, restarted, it stalled again. Restarted it one more time, and it was fine for the rest of the route. I didn't check any guages or anything like that. Subsequently, I checked the engine oil level and it was low. So I added some.

Today, same thing happened. Only this time I noticed that right before the initial stall the oil pressure was low. There are no numbers on the oil pressure guage, so I'll use terminology like it's a fuel guage. I usually live right around 1/2. Well, today it stalled around 1/4. What can be causing the temporary loss of pressure? It didn't leave me stranded, but I'm not happy that it happened at all.

Thanks,

Dave