Re: [ihc] Wheels of the Diamond kind

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Rocky Lear wrote:

> David...Nice wheels!  $185 sounds really high on powdercoating. Stockton
> Wheel told me that they could powdercoat the wheels (IH red) I had them
> widen for $50 each. I don't know if they would turn out any better than
> the ones you have or not but $50 vs $185 is quite a difference.

Rocky,

The $185 was to have new wheels built from scratch.  I do agree that $185
for powdercoating would be /very/ high. :)

FWIW, I selected Diamond over Stockton because Diamond answered my
questions, each and every one of them. (and as you guys have seen already,
I ask a LOT of questions)  They provided engineering drawings of the 16x6
wheel, so I could confirm for myself that the wheels would clear hubs,
drums, etc.  Stockton was hard to get any real data out of, so I gave up
on them.

I'm going to contact Bill about the powdercoating voids...but UPS says my
tires will be here tomorrow, which means I can have the shop put them on
Saturday morning....it'd be good to have tires and wheels that don't bend.
:)

....david

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html