From: Tom Mandera
Date: 6/9/2004 11:04:20 AM
To: Dan Nees
Cc: IHC Digest
Subject: Re: [ihc] When you 'latch' things down TOO good

Dan Nees wrote:
> Reapers,
>
>    I have a dilemma. I have done this before, though it's been a while, I
> wonder if anyone has any better methods than I.
>
>    Anyway, my hood latch has broken. On my Scout. In the closed position.
>
>    I've done this twice before, and while I have done this my way, I
wonder
> if anyone has a better method.

Dan,

I've had good success by taking my a drill or grinder and making a hole
in the hood foward of the latch and off to the side.

I then use the same grinder, or perhaps the Sawzall, to cut a square
section of hood to the front, sides, and ultimately rear, of the hood
latching pin.

That usually seems to do the trick, and the hood opens pretty easily -
just make sure you wear gloves, or you'll shred your fingers on the new
hood hole.

Always glad to be of help.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of IMSTP.gif]