Re: [ihc] When you 'latch' things down TOO good

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Nees" <cookiedan@domain.elided>
To: "IHC Digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 09:13
Subject: [ihc] When you 'latch' things down TOO good

> Reapers,
>
>    I have a dilemma. I have done this before, though it's been a while, I
> wonder if anyone has any better methods than I.
>
>    Anyway, my hood latch has broken. On my Scout. In the closed position.
>
>    I've done this twice before, and while I have done this my way, I
wonder
> if anyone has a better method.
>
> Dan Nees
>
> cookiedan@domain.elided

 Are you *sure* it's a broken latch?

My scout's hood used to stick.  Wasn't broken just it wouldn't spring up and
you couldn't really pry it up really either.

But if you pushed on the center of the hood in the front it'd pop open.

This won't help if it's really broken, but it'll help if it's not really
broken...

Now, since you've dealt with it before, you probobly already know it's
really
broken, but never hurts to verify.

In which case, other than the clothes hanger through the bottom truck truck
(which won't help if it's a broken latch and not a broken cable, will it?),
can you
unbolt the hood hinges to get at it that way?

Service manual isn't any help...

-Ryan

---