Re: [ihc] 1979 196 Distributor

In a message dated 6/4/2004 10:24:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
baradium@domain.elided writes:
There is/was a postal scout going cheap on ebay btw....
Cool!

Anyway...  if it's a '79 scout dizzy, it'll be a prestolite... I'm happy
with mine, seem to be good distributors and I've heard of more pretronix
modules failing in the past few months than prestolite modules... of course,
that's not really fair though.  Tom M was one of those cases and he has
managed to not break a lot more than the single one that burned out!

Problem with the prestolite is that the modules aren't cheap.  However, they
make a pertronix module that drops right in.  I'd say that there's no reason
to upgrade that one.
Pertronix makes an IHC 4 cly kit? I thought they only made the conversion for
IHC V8.

On my old 4 banger, i used a Delco and a Pertronix. I did the "remove every
other magnet trick" to convert the v8 pertrronix to 4 cyl.

I'm not sure if I'll re use it or not.

Thanks
Jeff G.

-Ryan