[ihc] Vinyl toppings

>Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:13:45 -0400
>From: Rocky Lear <rockylear@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] Vinyl tops on pickups?

>I was lookig through trucks on ebay and somone was selling a 69 or 70
pickup with a vinyl top(!). How common was this? I had >never even heard of
one before. what models were involved?

>Rocky

Pretty much any Light Line truck from the 'square body' era, tho' for some
reason I want to say that my first '68 T-all had one too. Glued directly to
the roof, no padding. Can you say 'rust magnet'? I think you'd be hard
pressed to come up with an official install percentage, but IME they aren't
terribly common. Teats on a boar and all...  ;)

Jim