[ihc] Spindle nut socket, 3/4T and beyond!

When I wanted to do the bearings and seals in the axles on my '74 200 4x4
Travelall I ran into the same problem, I couldn't find a socket that fit.
The rear hub is very deep and the sockets I found in that size had rounded
corners.  I bought a round cornered socket and carefully took my hacksaw
and cut through the walls of the socket to match up with the flats on the
inside edges of the socket.  I then mig welded some 1" wide, 1/8" thk steel
straps (each bent to 120deg.) around each of the corners, (x6).  So now I
have a hugely heavy socket with perfectly hex shaped corners inside, and
beefed up outsides that just *barely* fits inside the hub..
If could figure out how to upload the pics, I could post a few if someone
was interested.  I'm still late on the pics from my 0-ga cable crimper and
can't figure out how to upload those either.  If I took pics, they'd be on
the order of 1.5MB each at 4.0 MP.

Let me know, and I can send pics one at a time or try some other method.

-JoelB