[ihc] Time for our kids

On May 25, 2004, at 8:50 AM, Ed Sohm wrote:

I don't get much done, but I wouldn't have it any other way. <g>

Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA
Ed,

As you already know, that's the way it needs to be. They are gone SO soon. With my three, I was so busy with school stuff that I barely noticed how fast they were approaching the time when they would be leaving home.

Good thing for me that Wanda insisted that we had to have time together and so we'd pile into the Travelall pulling the little Aristocrat trailer and head out across the country for a couple of months each summer. We couldn't afford it, but of course the real truth is that we couldn't afford to not do it. The kids moaned and groaned, but interestingly enough, they have taken their own families to many of those same places.

If there is any justice, our grandchildren have moaned and groaned appropriately.

Trying to be a father and at the same time, principal of a K-8 school, coaching, teaching night classes, just doesn't work well, but often we don't have much choice. But then, too, maybe I just didn't have the awareness that you seem to have.

Interesting, at least to me, thing about this digest is that it has added a number of "sons" to my extended family. Joel, Tom, David, among others.

John Hofstetter