RE: [ihc] RE: ihc-digest V7 #488

>Taller versions of my engine storage cradles would be handy for some
things.
I bolt angle iron to the block-front engine mount holes and the
bellhousing
holes in back, then weld on a crossbar foot. The next generation of this
is
on the drawing board; a full height cradle built of 2" square
tubing(free,
remember?) that allows 2 cradles to be stacked with locating stubs so
the
upper cradle can't shift. Don't think I would go 3 high, but reducing
the
'footprint' of my stored engines by 50% would be a big help.

>Jim

Jim, can the front legs continue on up from those front holes?  Surely
not.  Reducing the floor space my engines took up would be great too.  I
like your idea a lot.  You'll make them so you can move them with the
forklift, right? I'd build to fit my pallet jack.  How about legs that
can be added on to the bottom locating nubs so you can get it up in the
air to work on the bottom end in the cradle too.  The free metal I have
in the right sizes is galvanized, yuk.

Ed