RE: [ihc] ...[lug] Nuts!!

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Kurt Musgrave wrote:

> David, you might do some looking thru this Motor Wheel Catalog from 1964:
> http://www.tocmp.com/catalogs/MotorWheels1964/MotorWheelsCatalog19491964/ind
> ex.html
>
> IHC is on frame #11, there are Motor Wheel numbers listed for both the
> wheels and for the lug nuts.  Maybe those numbers might help?

Now /that's/ a nice resource!

I found a reference to the X-1148-9 nut,
http://www.accuridecorp.com/safety_manual_12.asp

The refer to it as 5/8"-18,(X-1148,9)

..but I swear my 18TPI thread gage didn't fit.  I'll have to look at that
again.

These would be a "90 degree cone"...and these lugs torque (at least in the
accuride application) to 200 ft/lbs.  Need a longer lug wrench! :) (ok,
ok, standing on the one I have would do, of course.)

Now, there's no way what I have is a 90 degree cone, by any stretch of
mismeasuring...hmm.

The 3/4 nuts are listed as a X-1142-3, but I haven't found a reference to
these yet.

Hmm. :)

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html