Re: [ihc] RE: 6 lug to 8 lug

At 9:12 AM 5/20/04, Ryan Moore wrote:
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd@domain.elided>
>To: "Jim or Ginger Aos" <jaos@domain.elided>; "Jim Grammer"
><jgrammer@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
>Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 08:48
>Subject: Re: [ihc] RE: 6 lug to 8 lug

I'm not looking in a manual, I'm going on memory, and MIGHT have the
numbers screwed up. I KNOW the big Coleman unit you are talking about. In
fact, I believe that the FA that used the RA15 pumpkin was ALSO a Coleman
thing--as in they converted RA -15's to be steerable drive axles. The inner
knuckle balls on these attach to the housing with a pair of flanges, which
might even be a standard 600# pipe flange set ! This particular axle does
NOT even have inner oil seals, the gear oil runs clear on out into the
knuckles.

Greg (has also worked on, even completely disassembled, a couple of the BIG
Colemans--)

(BTW--you'd REALLY like the Coleman xfer case !!)