[ihc] Dunlop Radial Rovers

Some of you know that I scored a complete set of almost new Dunlop Radial
Rover RV's at IWHR, 32x11.50. Well, they're on the topless Scout(not the
Traveler ;) ), the truck is back on the road, and the tires are great. My
interest in these particular skins was piqued by Hofs rave review of them.
The only unknown for me was road noise, since that is so subjective. These
things are every bit as quiet as the Goodyear Wrangler HT's(that's Highway
Tread) that came off! Nowhere near the noise of a BFG AT, which is
impressive since the tread pattern has big blocks and a *lot* of void. Ride
great, handle great, looks to be the perfect size for a SII with an 'actual'
4" suspension lift and no body lift(yuk). Getting a nice flat contact patch
at 28PSI front, 25PSI rear. Now I should prolly get a smog check so I'm
driving it *legally*, huh? ;O

Jim

Who doesn't feel quite as much the guinea pig on this one.