Re: [ihc] Spare tire cover fits 33"

----- Original Message -----
From: "joel brodsky" <travelall1974@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 18:03
Subject: [ihc] Spare tire cover fits 33"

> Binders,
> I recently acquired a Scout II top from a local guy
> here in Tucson, and with the top he gave me the spare
> tire cover from his truck.  The truck is light blue
> with light blue interior and hence the spare tire
> cover is light blue.  I say this because I have every
> reason to believe it's the factory cover.  Now, why
> did I bother to tell you all this?  Well, it's because
> the presumably factory cover that was given to me fits
> over my 33x12.50-15LT spare tire in my truck.  Just
> thought someone might like to know.  The truck is a
> 1979.
>
> Happy hunting!
>
> JoelB

That's interesting.  My scout came with the 15" white spoke rims and 31"
tires factory, still have the original spare for it, and have used it once
or twice (prior to my first use of it, it'd never been used before).
Anyway, that tire simply doesn't have a cover and never has as long as we've
owned it.  Truck came into the family around '83 or so (it's a 78), so I
guess it could have been lost beforehand.  I always assumed that they just
didn't put out a cover for bigger than the small car tire size (IIRC, most
of the scouts with 31" tires were SSII's anyway).

Thanks,
Ryan

---