Re: [ihc] Cheaper fuel for IH's

Hello Rocky,

For a suggestion on headers we need to know what your project is. If a Scout
II w/345 I'll suggest the chrome Stan's headers as an outstanding fit and
quality of workmanship. I suggest chrome not for looks, but they don't rust
as fast and the chrome seems to keep the heat out of the engine compartment.

On a propane fueled SV engine you can advance the spark to make up for some
of the power loss. This is due to the higher octane of LPG. IH also has
special intake manifold gaskets with a blocked exhaust crossover port, I'd
guess this is to keep the fuel charge denser. I've heard it quoted that you
can gain 20 hp on a gas motor using these gaskets, just don't try it in cold
weather.

Tom Reed