[ihc] Cheaper fuel for IH's

Due to the insane gas prices, I am thinking about building a truck that runs on propane. Or, at the very least a dual fuel setup that I can change back and forth between gas and propane as need be. I have several propane regulator units we have taken off of trucks we convered back to gasoline. They take the place of the carb and bolt right to a 4v intake. I'm thinking about putting one back into service. Does anyone have any experience with propane as a fuel for their vehicle? I think it burns cooler and there may be a power loss too but if a gallon of propane goes twice as far...it would be a lot more economical. I know there has been some interest in propane in some of the 4x4 mags but probably for a different reason.

Rocky