From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Jim Grammer
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 9:42 AM
To: ihc@domain.elided
Subject: [ihc] Diskologizing

>Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:07:03 -0500
>From: Spencer Cordingley <scord@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: [ihc] brake swap?

>the IH is a 1968 pickup 1200C I believe its a 1/2 ton.

1200 is a '3/4 ton', with a 6 lug wheel bolt pattern. I know of no parts
that will let you disk swap and retain this bolt pattern. If that's not
an
issue, you need a hub/rotor that can be adapted to your spindle, and a
bracket to mount a caliper to the axle bosses that currently mount your
brake backing plates. I've researched hub/rotors off and on for the 1/2
ton
5 on 4.5" wheel bolt pattern and found nothing that's a bolt on. IH used
rather unique combination of inner/outer bearing on both the FA-1 and
FA-12
axles. Given the need to run bearing adapters for both the inner and
outer
bearings, there are quite a few hub/rotors that could be made to work.
The
caliper bracket will likely need to be custom made, a GM car or truck
caliper is easiest to use. There are a number of companies that will do
this
stuff, CH Topping, Master Power, SSBC, etc. Take a peek in the back of a
Street Rodder magazine for the selection.

Jim