[ihc] Rocky's knuckles

>Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 20:08:17 -0400
>From: Rocky Lear <rockylear@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] Scored balls

>Is there any remedy for scored balls? The closed knuckle outside surface of
>one of my fronts has some lines running horizontally and I was wondering if
>there is any way to fix anything like this without a lot of trouble? Also,
>where can I buy the seals for these?

>Rocky

If you can get them clean enough, JB Weld or one of the Devcon epoxy/metal
putties should do the job of creating a smooth surface.

Small ball closed 44's are the same seals as Jeeps, easy to find. Big ball
44 seals match Ford/Dodge HD applications, same deal with 70 seals. NAPA
should have 'em, dealer as a last resort.

Jim