[ihc] Re: Ryan's electrical prob

Ryan,
  Assuming you have the internally regulated alt, don't
overlook the plastic connector that goes into the alt.
These two wires are (IIRC) the field, and the voltage
sense.  If the connector is corroded, or the wires
are old and broken, the alt may cycle between charge
and off (when off, the ammeter goes to discharge
because of the electrical items that are on).
I had this once after my truck sat parked for a few
months while I was away.

Allan W.