Re: [ihc] RE: A gasketing we will go

On Wednesday, April 28, 2004, at 07:45 AM, Jim Grammer wrote:

Now wait just a gosh darn minute Hofs, I think I'm referenced out of context
here... ;)

Sheet metal covers(valve, oil pan, valley, etc) - P-tex #1 to the cover,
P-tex #2 to the covered surface.

Head gaskets, 'modern'(Fel-pro, etc) - No sealant ever.

Head gaskets, IH OEM steel shim - P-tex copper spray.

Non-NPT threads what need sealing(rocker stands, flywheel/flexplate, etc) -
P-tex Aviation 300 first choice, #2 2nd choice.

Silicone? What *do* you use that stuff for, anyway? 8O

Jim
I like my version of how you Permatex head gaskets better than the truth. Over my younger years, I must have Permatexed a half dozen IH 6 cylinder engines with leaky head gaskets. Worked for me, because I never had to disassemble them. Aviation Permatex #3, the final solution.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs