Re: [ihc] spark plugs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd@domain.elided>
To: "Robert Marks" <scoutmarks@domain.elided>; <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 23:36
Subject: Re: [ihc] spark plugs

> At 9:14 PM 4/20/04, Robert  Marks wrote:
> >Long time lurking, as I have been too busy with work.
> >
> >Some time ago, discussion about spark plugs said to use the Autolite
> >85's and not the 303's.     The 303's were used in the 74 and later 304.
> >345. 392's according to the book.  I take it the 303 are a hotter plug
> >for emissions reasons?  Any ideas?
> >

> >Rob Marks
> >NW Binders
>
> Yep. (for SV's)
>
> Champion J8C's. For greater than 15K or so GVW or GCVW, go to J6C's.
>
> Greg

Um...  I think "yep" is simplifying way too much.

The 303s are a shallower reach plug than the 85, the 85 has a deeper reach
and, from what I recall, all previous discussion indicated that some list
members believed that the 85 is actually the proper interchange for the
champion with a mistake happening somewhere in the works.

So Greg, when did this come up?  Don't remember seeing this opinion from you
when this topic came up previously.

-Ryan

---