[ihc] Ford auto in IH truck

i was wondering that same thing.  i don't really want an automatic
transmission, and a ford one at that...  but that engine sure sounds
appealing.  wonder what it would take to get one and mount it to one of the
5-speed manuals.  or even one of the four speeds.  <drool>
--Mac
If the a/t is the Torqueshift in their F-series, don't sweat it. My boss has a 6.0 PS with the TS and it's a dream to drive. The trailer I tow isn't all that heavy, maybe 8-9000 gross, but the '97 7.3PS w/auto can't hold 70 in a headwind when towing it, and gets about 7mpg. With the 6.0 and TS, you NEVER slow down, and engine braking is quite good in tow/haul mode.
Can't, of course, speak to longevity, but the TS seems like a great tranny right now. Of course, I haven't had the luxury of a Duramax/Allison road test.
Best to all from the wide world of racing,
joel
(racing long skinny boats, that is)
--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Boatman, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)