Re: [ihc] Buy A QUALITY Anvil - An IH Anvil!!!!!

on 4/10/04 6:42 AM, Mac McMuffin at mac@domain.elided wrote:

> great as what?  a paperweight?  shop decoration?  did you see the size of
> that thing?  it's *tiny*!  i was tempted to bid on it just to have it around
> (not like i can afford it this month!), but then i saw the size of it.  that
> anvil's too small to be useful for anything but a desk ornament.  maybe a
> hood ornament?  the IH logo is cool, though.  +)

Yep, before I read the dimensions, I saw that the shipping charge was $4.50
and quickly figured out that it wasn't a 150 lb. anvil.

Mac was talking about the anvil his Dad had that was made from mine car
rail. Over the years I've seen a number of these. I think that at least one
Blacksmith school used anvil making as one of their projects.

Out here where the air is pure, there is a lot of old mine rail, but I'm not
inclined to take on an anvil making project. Just kidding about the pure
air, we all have differing degrees of allergic reactions going on, including
our two dogs.

John in Shoshone