Re: [ihc] Going Up!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Shubin" <pshubin@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>; "'Ryan Moore'" <baradium@domain.elided>
Cc: "'Shubin, Pete'" <pshubin@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 14:24
Subject: RE: [ihc] Going Up!

> The body lift raised the steering column 2 inches in relationship to the
> frame mounted steering box.  This changed the angle of the steering column
> and I want to correct it.  I like the stock steering wheel position want
> raise the column back up to get some leg/foot room and the stock steering
> wheel position back.
>
> The other 4 inches comes from the suspension lift.

I personally wouldn't want to raise the steering box up... but that's just
me.  More stress on the frame and more tendency for failure.  If you have to
compensate for the body lift, get a borgenson shaft so you can keep the box
in the stock position, keep the collumn where it should be, *and* eliminate
the rag joint (I havn't put a borgenson joint in mine to eliminate the rag
joint, but I don't have a body lift to make it more of a neccesity.

I say again I don't think it's a good idea to raise up the steering box to
accomodate the column, especially with a better fix readily availible to
you.

Thanks,
Ryan

---