Re: [ihc] Underhood Welders - Another Option

on 4/5/04 8:20 AM, Terry.Traver@domain.elided at Terry.Traver@domain.elided
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just read John H's post about the Mighty Mite and Premier welders and wanted
> to share this info on another source that I found. These look interesting
> but I have no experience with any of them.
>
> See the Zena Mobile Welding system at www.zena.net
>
> Terry

Thanks for the URL, Terry. Now, that is a real welder! 200 amps 100% duty
cycle. If a guy were really serious about his welding, that would be a dandy
way to go. That's a lot more welder than my stick welder at home.

For getting it back together and getting home to your shop welder, if a guy
had a heavy duty alternator already in his vehicle, the Mity Mite would seem
to be a cheap and space-conserving alternative. On the other hand a real
welder like Jim O. could put one of the Zenas on his 1300 and do mobile work
anywhere and on most anything.

Thanks again, that was very interesting.

John Hofstetter