[ihc] Joel's clutch again

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:19:10 -0700
From: Joel M Brodsky <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] 12" clutches and I'm sick of it already!

I didn't see an adjustment like that.  It appears that the fulcrum is a
stud that is bolted (nutted really) to the pressure plate basket.  If I
remove the nut retaining the fulcrum, then the whole finger pivot assembly
is loose inside the basket, no?

Joel, none of the 12 spring clutches I have offer any adjustability at the
fulcrum. They are as you describe, the fulcrum block has a threaded end
which protrudes through the back of clutch cover and is held in place with a
fixing nut.

You have the release forks even in height, but are they all the correct
distance from the flywheel face?

Sure you have the 'long' throwout bearing? Sorry if you've already answered
that one in an earlier post...

Jim