[ihc] I'm back

Hello everyone. Anyone remember me? I havent posted to the digest in a quite a while, but I've been lurking some.

I have had some problems with my 75 Scout. I had it in the shop for a year redoing the rusted out floor. I finally drove it again when my Chevy was begging for an engine rebuild. I drove it for about 2 weeks then it started knocking and running really bad. Then I bought a 00 Silverado and parked the Scout once again. I tore the top end off and all I found were a few scratches on the cylinder walls. My dad and I figure that it was running way too rich and washed the oil off the cylinder walls. It's pretty dissappointing since it only has a couple thousand miles on it since the rebuild. It's been sitting about a year and will be until I can afford to put it back together.

At the end of last summer I aquired a 77 Scout in trade for an AC system. It has a 345 and 727 tranny. It runs pretty good, but the body is about gone. I did a SOA (about 6" of lift) conversion on it, welded the front diff and put some 31" swampers on it that I got in another trade. I also moved the front axle forward about an inch when I did the spring over. You can see pics here: http://www.texas4x4.org/viewtopic.php?t=3435 I took it wheeling last month and it did really well until I busted a hub. So far I have maybe $100 into it.

Zach Thompson

http://obsessedwithoffroading.4wdriver.com
http://community.webshots.com/user/4x4freak

Get your very own 'yourname@domain.elided' email address. Hurry before all the good ones are gone!