[ihc] Crimping 00 to 4 ga. cables ends?

Binders,
Re: Crimping winch and battery cables:
I had one of the welding shops here in Tucson crimp my
winch cable ends where they go into the Warn
Quick-disconnect connectors.  Well, I watched
carefully, and thought a lot.  When I installed the
cables some time later, and one of them pulled free
from the connector pin (about the size of your
finger), I decided I'd make my own crimper.  These
crimpers are the type that you put the connector pin
(the size of your finger) with a stripped cable in it,
and hit the top with a hammer to crimp it.  I've done
this on many cables so far and I can now make my own
battery cables custom lengths.
If anyone is interested I can snap some pics of the
crimper and you too can mill/machine your own parts to
make the same thing.  It beats the heck  out of having
to go to the welding shop, which has some of the
weirdest hours I've ever encountered.  11-2 on sunday?

-JoelB