[ihc] Shifty R.T.

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:55:11 -0800 (PST)
From: "R.T. Sekhon" <rsekhon1@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] 727 Rebuild & Shift kits?

My trany  is starting to act up. I'm getting some shutter in first (maybe
torque converter) and sometimes it will not go in to first, but will go into
reverse. The fluid is is burnt and it leaks. I can get it rebuilt for $150
plus parts by a trany tech for Dodge, who will do it on side. What are the
best components for the rebuild? Alto? Raybestos, Borg Warner? How about
shift kits? Transgo? B&M? And torque converter stall speed?
As alway any info is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Stock stall speed, or lower. Definitely no need for higher with a stock IH
SV. I'd just get a good quality stock rebuilt w/brazed fins. Your guy should
have a source he trusts.

Trans-go No Yo-Yo for sure, Trans-go shift kit if you think you need it.
Includes the No Yo-Yo if I'm not mistaken.

Raybestos friction materials have a good rep. You might also ask your guy
what he thinks about using the 'official' Mopar +2 tranny fluid in place of
generic Dexron, as long as yer gonna have a fresh tranny.

Jim