Re: [ihc] Re: Humphrey's Coil Voltage

on 3/25/04 11:00 AM, George B Humphrey at xgbhx@domain.elided wrote:

> Thanks John. As usual you have been a wealth of information. I didn't
> know that starters could go bad in this way. First thing on my project
> list is to test and if need be replace my starter. Actually, I will get
> mine rebuilt. Another lesson I learned from the invaluable digest.
> Hopefully this will fix my Pro-Jection problem as well.
>
> George H.
> 72 Scout II
> 345 V8

George,

It is so hard to help from a distance, but I believe you will find that your
starter is in need of rebuilding, and that a rebuild will cure your starting
problems with the Pro-jection.

In regard to 4 ga. vs. 2 ga. or larger, I think you're OK with the 4 if the
starter is in good shape. Actually, because it was available at the time, I
have 00 ga. on part of my circuitry, and that is really overkill. Looks
impressive, however.

I think you're about to lick this thing.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs