Re: [ihc] trailer brakes hydraulic, electronic, etc.

At 2:03 PM 3/24/04, Joel M Brodsky wrote:
>I think I may have mis-spoken when I mentioned hydraulic brake controllers.
>I mean that mine is hydraulically activated electronic braking.
>The brakes on my trailer are activated by the hydraulic pressure from the
>braking system for the rear truck brakes, and then apply 'juice' to the
>trailer so the electric drag brakes can do their thing.
>
>Does this complicate matters?
>
>JoelB

nope. that's what Tom and I were talking about. hydraulically actuated
electric trailer brakes.

Just I added that vacuum hydraulic(ally actuated, vacuum powered and
controlled)  (and hydraulically controlled) trailer brakes are WAY nice.
The controller on the vehical is actuated by hydrauic pressure in the
vehicle brake system--or by a hand lever. The controller sends a vacuum
signal to the trailer--where the signal controls vacuum to a vacuum
actuated master cylinder--which applies the hydraulic trailer brakes. Two
hoses to connect the trailer to the vehicle.

Greg