Re: [ihc] RE: 500's

Jim Grammer wrote:

Big a** leaves and an I beam. And despite what Crismon sez, the one I almost
bought had front drums. Disks likely would've tipped the balance for me, but
the ragged dump bed and chassis(cab had *bad* rust) wasn't enough to make it
worthwhile.
I knew they were leaf, and a big I-beam.. and as Greg's pointed out, they used bigger wheel openings.. I did get a little while to look over Comer's 500 last summer after RMIHR.

What I meant was.. did they use the "4x4" short leaves, or the pre-74 2wd longer leaves?

'course, it may have been an entirely different frame that IH never thought of converting to IFS and coils anyhow.. :D