Re: [ihc] Coil Voltage?

on 3/20/04 8:19 PM, Dan Nees at cookiedan@domain.elided wrote:

> George,
> Try running a wire direct to the coil from the battery and see if that
> works. That would give you 12 volts direct. If that works, then switch the
> wire on the starter to the remote solenoid where you have the other wires
> attached.

Dan,

It seems to me that his symptoms indicate that the ECU isn't getting the
power it needs from the relay that is supposed to supply it. In that case,
George could just run the wire from the battery to the relay thereby closing
it, The ECU supplies the fast idle solenoid and the fuel pump with voltage.

George, is your relay properly grounded? I know, you are getting sick of
hearing about grounds, but .....

You can test the voltage coming out of the relay. Regardless of what's at
the coil, you need to be getting full voltage coming out of that power
relay.

John