Re: [ihc] Strange Behavior

on 3/16/04 2:00 PM, Dan Nees at cookiedan@domain.elided wrote:

> This set is 4 years old, but; I had a set for the Prestolite dizzy that I
> ran for about 6 years that were flawless. The coil is a stock coil about 4
> years old, I think. I haven't swapped out the PerTronix for points yet, but;
> if it were the PerTronix going bad, it would not be doing it only when it is
> wet, but; all the time.
>
> Dan Nees

Well, Dan, I've been thinking about this for a couple of days, now, and I
still don't have a good suggestion that you haven't already looked at.

I think I might run a hot wire from the battery to the + side of the coil,
or to the ballast resistor, while the engine is running, and thereby
eliminate the bulkhead connectors, the ignition switch, etc. and see if it
still did the poop-out act.

In my opinion, damp shouldn't affect the coil, probably not the wires, could
bother the cap, although the WD 40 always worked for me, and I don't know
about the Pertronix.

John