Re: [ihc] Clutch throwout collars

FWIW, I don't believe the short/long collars are supposed to be mixed/matched for any desired outcome.

I think they probably exist to accomodate different bellhousings - both length and method of actuation.

A hydraulic clutch may take a different length collar than a mechanical, or a cable. The 4cyl Scout 80/800 bellhousings may use a shorter collar simply because the bellhousing is shorter, too.

-Tom