Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:18:47 -0500
From: Howard R Pletcher <n9ads@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Front Spindles Heat treated?

My notes say "8 inch white spoke wheels with hardened front spindles
offered" in 1977.  Before this, the 7" chrome rims were the widest
offered and as I recall, the hardened spindles were theoretically
required for the wider wheels.

I have no comment on the fact that many of us have run wider rims on the
earlier spindles.

Howard