Re: [ihc] Pain, Death, and Hell

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>
To: "ihc-digest" <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 23:17
Subject: [ihc] Pain, Death, and Hell

> on 3/10/04 9:05 PM, John M. Adams at jma@domain.elided wrote:
>
> > Anyway, sorry to be such an 'old woman', but lately, pain and death
scare
> > the hell out of me. -John A.
>
> Hey, speaking of pain, death, and Hell, I saw "The Passion of the Christ"
> this afternoon.
>
> Could have been better, in my opinion. Mostly, I think, I didn't think any
> man's body would endure that much pain in the way it was portrayed in the
> movie. Poor direction, I think. Mel got so absorbed in dishing out pain,
> that he forgot that this pain was being inflicted on a mortal body.
>
> If I got hit once with a flail, I'd pass out just thinking about being hit
> again.
>
> John

Sorry, but from the accounts, it was probobly actually *worse* than
portrayed by the movie (btw, as you may have figured out, I've also seen
it).  According to written record (and not just in the bible, in Jewish, and
I believe Roman, written history) it was worse and went on much longer than
portrayed in the film.  I know... it's hard to believe... but Mel didn't
forget anything, he just tried to portray it as accurately as he could.

-Ryan

---