Re: [ihc] My day in the sun revisited briefly

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; "ihc-digest"
<ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 22:30
Subject: Re: [ihc] My day in the sun revisited briefly

> on 3/6/04 8:24 PM, Ryan Moore at baradium@domain.elided wrote:
>
> >> I put a lot of black Permatex around the edges of a quarter, and put it
> > over
> >> the opening, tell Del that I've had enough and that he undoubtedly has
had
> >> enough, and head for home. No problem on the way home except that I'm
so
> >> tired I keep almost falling to sleep.
> >>

> > Still no leaks?  and if I read that right no power brakes?  But you just
> > told us how you can't stop it without power assist?
>
> The Permatexed quarter let the vacuum work the booster properly, so I
could
> get it home. Fluid coming out of the check valve doesn't make sense to me
> either, but ...., it was coming out of somewhere, and the innards of the
> check valve were definitely wet.
>
> John

You mean you put the quarter over the check valve end?  That makes more
sense than what I was thinking...

Sorry, but sounds like you need a new booster and m/c combo...   I've heard
of fluid coming out of there, so it does make sense to me, but unfortunately
it's always a *bad* thing to have the fluid coming out of there.

-Ryan

---