Re: [ihc] In regards to the Location thread...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Randolph" <bigscout79@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 15:54
Subject: [ihc] In regards to the Location thread...

> Seeing the Ih'ers in Miami on the location list got me thinking... Anyone
know
> of anyone in Fort Lauderdale? I was vacationing there 2 years ago and I
saw
> and (this'll probably freak the owner out) video taped a very nice later
model
> Scout II.  It was just South of the double tree hilton in what I believe
is a
> health club  - on the west side of route 1.  This is the main strip of
> Lauderdale along the beach - towards the Southern end though.
>
> The scout from 6 stories up was very pretty - nice hunter green color -
> running 31-32's, topless with a showbar.
>
> On a side note - I love fort lauderdale can't wait to get back this May
>
> Take care,
> Jeff

I don't know any IH owners there, but theoretically my dad may.  He knew
some scout owners down there while he lived there (I was born in Ft.
Lauderdale... I believe technically in Hollywood...)  Granted it's been 19
years since he moved from there...

That's where he had his Terra's ('79) ign fail on the interstate while
pulling a 26' fishing boat.
That's the only light line that was in my family *before* I was born AFAIK
(everything else in my family from IH was a tractor, at least they've never
mentioned any other light line vehicles).  Really wish I could get my hands
on that truck.  He owned it until '91 and for the last 5-7 years that truck
has been sitting under a lean to rotting away because the current owner
thinks it'll be worth a lot of money someday... (which must be why he left
the factory camper top stored in a way that pretty much destroyed it and is
letting the truck rust to pieces when it was well maintained and pretty much
rust free when he got it).  FWIW, it looked really simmiliar to Hoff's.
Burnt orange rallye, just with that nifty factory top.  That truck also
originally came with 31" tires as far as I can tell.  Only picture I have of
that truck is one where the rearend of it is in the background... you're
getting me to start reminiscing.  I remember sitting on the step behind the
front seats going somewhere when I was little.  About broke my heart when I
saw that terra, the last time I'd seen it it was all shiney and well kept...
and here it was covered in grime in need of complete new quarters (rust had
gotten that far) with an owner who didn't seem to really care about it at
all...

My dad also knew someone with a N/A diesel scout with an auto... and
apparently rather tall gears which gave him his opinion that "diesel scouts
couldn't even get out of thier own way" that he carries to this day.

-Ryan

---