Re: [ihc] Dana 70 hubs.

I bought a set of Selectro's for my D70 as a replacement for the fixed
driveflanges it came with from the factory. The Selectro's were the only hub
available with 21 splines and the right boltcircle.
I had to reassemble one of them right out of the box because a bushing had
been pressed in crooked. The main flaw though of these hubs (and I think
that's where Jim's hub failed) is that they don't protrude deep enough into
the wheelcentre thereby not fully utilizing the length of the splines. In
fact there's only a very small part where the axleshaft has an overlap with
the sliding gear that transfers the power to the wheel.
A solution for this would be to turn half an inch off of the mounting
surface so the hubs would go half an inch inward.

Paul