Re: [ihc] Wrangler NW alternators?

At 2:03 PM 3/3/04, Joel Furtek wrote:

The Delco CS 130 and 144 are NOT what they are rated as, by a stretch. Get
either in a hot environment, and loaded up for a while, the most they will
make is about 60-70 amps--until they shoot carps.

If you have the room, install a Leece-Neville 130 amp unit. It will make
130 amps, MINIMUM, all day long, under vile conditions. Also has an
adjustable, integral regulator. You can rebuild one, including new diodes,
triode, regulator, brushes and bearings, for about $125 in parts.

A good source is dead school busses.

Greg