[ihc] power steering poppet valve

OK so I have yet one more free lifetime warranted "rebuilt" power steering box from AutoZone.

I though I had a keeper when the torque required to rotate the input shaft made specification, even the extra few inch
punds while rotating over center.

BUT looking down into the pressure hose input, I do not see any spring nor any poppet valve, period. I can see straight
down into the the valve inside.

The factory manual and a '68 Motors both call for a spring loaded poppet valve on the pressure side, it is supposed to
dampen road shock from coming back into the steering wheel.

Am I being too picky to insist that it be in there?

I will call up the rebuilder, ATSCO in Phoenix, and see if they will put one in...

Thanks,

Jim in Mesa
Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved