Re: [ihc] Flaring tool?

on 3/1/04 11:23 AM, Joel M Brodsky at jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

> John,
> You're the first to tell me about these little anvils.  I had read about
> them online and they look like small steel mushrooms.  Can you tell me
> where I can get some of those at a reasonable cost, or should I try to make
> my own?  A step down button with a point cut into the opposite side looks
> like about 10 minutes on the lathe, but which sizes and how many, etc. etc?
>
> Thanks John,
>
> JoelB

Joel,

I got mine at NAPA. I was in a CarQuest this morning and they had a set on
the peg board with the brake hones, etc.

I doubt if it is worth your time to try and make your own. Now if you had
some stainless steel lying around and a lathe tool that could cut it, then

The set is cheap and most of us will never use them enough to make any
difference.

John