Re: [ihc] flaring tools and flaring pictures

on 2/28/04 8:15 AM, James Lidberg at jameslidberg@domain.elided wrote:

> pictures of a 45 degree double flare (as used on good old American Iron brake
> lines):
>
> http://www.pharmacy.arizona.edu/staff/wunz/NoABSTCS/DoubleFlare.html
>

> Does this Imperial Rol-Air Grabber 500FC 45 degree make double flares?
> http://www.newmantools.com/imperial/500fc.htm

Hey, where did you get the picture of my flaring tool? It's an outstandingly
well made tool. It makes double flares with the set of additional anvils
available almost everywhere. You might now find this tool packaged with the
double flare additions.

> Or the Imperial Rol-Air 500FC 45 degree?
> http://www.newmantools.com/imperial/500fc.htm
>
> I can't tell from the catalog information at this and other sites, can't fing
> an online manufacturers catalog.
>
> BTW Imperial is now owned by Dayco, and is called Dayco Imperial.
>
> If not I will probably buy this KD 2190 double flare tool $80
> http://www.handsontools.com/store/show_product/?product_id=23327

This one looks really good also.

> Then I need a good tube bender...

I've never had much luck with tubing benders, but haven't practiced much
with them either. I had a couple of different kinds. The most effective kind
for me was the springy covers for the tubing which nearly always allowed me
to make good bends, but then I often couldn't get the springy things off the
bent tubing.

John