[ihc] Score one for our club!

We were out at the Western Antique Powerland Museum yesterday doing a
walkthrough in preparation for the NW Binder RoundUp in July. While we
were there, one of the old-timers that calls the shots at the museum
pointed out a WWII-vintage M5 IH truck, painted yellow, sitting in the
middle of the field.  He said that it was kind of an orphan, and said
that if we could get it running and maintain it, we could do with it
pretty much what we wanted.  We checked it out, and it has good tires,
glass, a Red Diamond motor, a front PTO recovery winch, and a rear winch
with double capstan.  It has a flatbed, and still has the grille guard in
good shape.  You could almost hear our jaws hit the ground.  We are going
to pull the gas tank and have it boiled out, and get it running, fix the
brakes if they need it, and use it to haul garbage and equipment around
the grounds at the RoundUp.  I think eventually we will get rid of the
banana yellow paint in favor of a Navy paint scheme.  And there is even a
parts book for it on eBay right now.  Think I may have to get that.
Hmmmm......
-Colin Rush

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!