[ihc] Gear wrenches

Speaking of Gear Wrenches,
How much angle does it take for the gear part to 'lock-up'?
So, 3/4 of one tooth on a 12 point is 3/4 of 30deg. is 90/4 or 22.5 deg.
ugh.
Thanks!
JoelB
JoelB,
It may be the answer to you. Many of then advertise a 5-degree catch.
I have a set of Stanleys which have taken a real beating and are still the first wrench I reach for. Only downside is the button to reverse, which in tight situations can hit the piece on which you're working and reverse the drive. I picked up a set of Craftsman ones for my dad, and IIRC they have the lever on the flat part of the wrench where it won't hit.
In any event, might be your solution. Mine, too, if I have to remove the starter on the new truck. Oi.
Good luck with it!
JoelF
who just pretzeled a boat trailer, but, thankfully, only a small scratch to the truck. Anybody got a 10' long 3x3 square tube of 1/8" galvanized?

--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Boatman, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)