Re: [ihc] Antique plates--Good or Bad?

Alabama used to issue an Antique license plate to
any vehicle over 20 years old with no restrictions on use.
The fee was about $20.00 a year IIRC.
The problem was that since every vehicle over 20
years was eligible, almost everyone took advantage of it.
Vehicle conditions varied wildly, as you can imagine.

Several years ago, the Antique tag law had some
restrictions added to it. Primary among them is the
restriction on road usage of any Antique tagged vehicle.

No more than xxxx miles a year, only to and from
parades, shows, etc. Not ot be used as primary trans.
This really put a damper on the party, so to speak.
I think it is still $20.00 a year.

Its not a really big problem to most of us AFA registration
fees go. My 72 SII and 73 T/all are around $25.00 a year
each to register. I really would have liked the Antique tag.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/