[ihc] Roadworthy IH numbers (was location.......)

=From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
=Subject: RE: [ihc] location, location, location

=You know, there are nearly 400 subscribers to this list. Since I've joined,
=I've only seen posts from around 90 or so individuals. I wonder how many are
=still actively involved in keeping a good truck on the road. I wonder how
=many IH trucks are left out there, both here and abroad? -John A.

Im at exit 13 off I-10 in Alabama.
Anyone is welcome to email me for my number, Im also in the book, and I will
help anyone in this area.

I drove my daily driver 73 Travelall 1010 2wd last Sat pulling my 4x8
trailer, the 16x6 was busy, to haul home the body for my latest project.

SII/800 Project is a trail only truck. It will be a 76 SII frame/axles with a
70 800 body on it. Power will be whatever I can scrounge up to throw in
there. I have a 304 that I was going to use, but it refuses to unstick despite
liberal soaking with various elixers. I dont know what I will find when I tear it
down.

You must be thinking, Scout body on a 4x8 trailer? Yes. I made 2 trips.
The dastardly previous owner (actually a pretty decent guy, just mislead) of
the 800 was cruel enough to sawzall the body into 2 pieces (before I found it)
in preparation to be scrapped. Sliced it right across the floor in front of
the seats. Fortunately I DID find it before he could carry out his nefarious
plan. The floor pan is relatively (what a word) rust free, so welding the body
back into a single unit shouldnt be too difficult for a man of my many and
various talents. Ahem. :-)

This Scout will be number 3 in the IH stable. It will join the aforementioned
(what a word) 73 Travelall driver, and a 72 SII driver.

Lots of Scout II's around here, almost no 800s or Travelalls. The occasional
IH pickup, usually beat up badly though.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/