[ihc] RE: Joel's Trucks

At 5:35 PM -0700 2/23/04, John M. Adams wrote:
 > 3 Antique-tagged IHs on their way to new homes soon, I guess
Joel, I guess I missed the story when it went by - why are you selling off
your fleet? If I may say it, it doesn't sound as if you really want to. Will
you keep one at least? -John A.
John,
It's always bittersweet!
I've gained so much from my IHs, certainly more than I've given. But a realistic assessment of life right now, and for the next few years at least, shows time and money to be far too tight to hang on to the Binders and the hobby of working on them. So in August I bought a Sheriff's Crown Vic, and last week at auction a '95 GMC K2500 xcab with the 6.5TD. My home and job now take care of my need for 'wrenching', and when I do have time or need to travel, I want to make the most of it, which means comfort and reliability. (Not that an IH can't have both!)
So, yes, reluctantly, I'm selling my IHs. And the basement full of parts I'd squirreled away over the years. It turns out that as much fun as it is to acquire things, it's also a pleasure to free up literal and figurative space in one's life.
So, the Internationals keep on teaching me.
I'm sure I'll own one again some day. And I expect to stay on the list -- a wealth of information and support here.
My best,
Joel

--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Boatman, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)